The plans for new premises for the National Institute for Medical Research were commenced in July, 1937, and building operations began in 1938. The carcass was completed in 1942, when it was lent to the Admiralty, and works of conversion were undertaken for W.R.N.S. occupation, involving the housing of some 1,200, including staff.
CitationDownload as .RIS
MCB UP Ltd
Copyright © 1951, MCB UP Limited