Article publication date: 1 January 1951
In 1786 His Majesty's Stationery Office was formed as an administrative reform to stop the waste of public money that occurred when each Government Department made its own purchases of ink, paper and other requirements. In 1950 the Stationery Office is a supply service for all Government Departments for many things unheard of or unrecognizable as ‘stationery’ in the eighteenth century, e.g. calculating machines and photographic materials. It is responsible for large factories devoted to duplicating, addressing and similar services which can conveniently be centralized. It is now the printer to Parliament and His Majesty's Government, and with minor exceptions it publishes and sells all British official publications.
GLASSCOCK, W.H. (1951), "GOVERNMENT PUBLICATIONS", Aslib Proceedings, Vol. 3 No. 1, pp. 37-44. https://doi.org/10.1108/eb049385
MCB UP Ltd
Copyright © 1951, MCB UP Limited