Fig. 1 shows one of the many useful testing machines produced by W. and T. Avery Ltd. This particular apparatus illustrated, called the Avery Self‐Indicating Universal Testing Machine, was designed with the primary object in view of producing a tensile tester specially adapted for applying loads to aeroplane struts. The machine has been installed, among other places, at the works of Short Brothers (Rochester and Bedford) Ltd. It is arranged to take specimens up to a maximum length of 10 ft. and has a capacity of 50 tons.
MCB UP Ltd
Copyright © 1940, MCB UP Limited