The Bibliography of American Creative Literature was started in August 1938 under the auspices of the Works Projects Administration of the United States. At that time Dr. Luther H. Evans was in charge of the historical projects under the WPA. The University of Pennsylvania agreed to furnish the necessary space and certain of the supplies, and Mr. Edward H. O'Neill, a lecturer in English literature at the university, was placed in charge of the project. He remained in that position until the suspension of the work on 22 April 1942. At that time there had been spent upon this project about $150,000, and a force that varied from forty to sixty workers had been employed.
CitationDownload as .RIS
MCB UP Ltd
Copyright © 1947, MCB UP Limited