Tuesday, June 25, 2019
Despite fears being raised recently of threats to US assets from pro-Iran armed groups, however, the latter have thus far refrained from using their lethal capabilities against US personnel.
- Iraq will be allowed to buy Iranian gas and electricity this summer.
- The government will roll out a plan to reduce the risks posed by militias.
- US forces will continue to train and support the anti-IS campaign.
- US companies may be favoured with more contract awards in 2019-20.
- Baghdad will ensure that Tehran continues to profit from one-sided trade agreements.