AI in the workplace.
Positive use cases for artificial intelligence (AI) systems are rising, but misuse means the number of negative examples is also rising, drawing attention to how to regulate it.
- Effective use of AI within appropriate contexts will improve business performance in many sectors.
- Current law is not suitable for some emerging forms of AI, but to gain competitiveness, some regions may prioritise efficiency over safety.
- Misuse of AI will become a major source of negative outcomes at work, likely outweighing the positive outcomes.
- Future uses of AI will become increasingly hard to manage or regulate.
- Firms expanding their 'ethical' activities and then arguing that more regulation would limit them will raise fears of ‘ethical washing’.