Strapline:International journal for computer-aided engineering and software
Category:Mechanical and Materials Engineering
Table Of Contents: Volume 32 Issue 2
– The purpose of this paper is to aim at extending the method of exponential basis functions (EBF) to solve a class of problems with singularities.
Prototype and numerical studies of interference characteristics of two ski-jump jets from opening spillway gatesYexiang Xiao, Zhengwei Wang, Jidi Zeng, jintai Zheng, Jiayang Lin, Lanjin Zhang
The purpose of this paper is to experimentally and numerically investigate the interference characteristics between two ski-jump jets on the flip bucket in a large dam…
The purpose of this paper is to investigate a dissipative reinforced concrete structural wall that can improve the behavior of a tall multi-storey building. The main…
A surface model using the eccentric shell and multi-point constraint for warpage prediction of plasticsShi Zhang, Yun Zhang, Songxin Shi, Zhigao Huang, Huamin Zhou
– The purpose of this paper is to propose a new surface model combining the eccentric shell with multi-point constraint (MPC) for warpage prediction of injection molded plastics.
The purpose of this paper is to present a novel strategy used for acceleration of free-vibration analysis, in which the hierarchical matrices structure and Compute Unified…
– The purpose of this paper is to report the implementation of an alternative time integration procedure for the dynamic non-linear analysis of structures.
The purpose of this paper is to investigate the applicability of the smoothed particle hydrodynamics (SPH) method in the jet formation process of a cylindrical-shaped…
A fictitious crack XFEM with two new solution algorithms for cohesive crack growth modeling in concrete structuresXiaodong Zhang, Tinh Quoc Bui
– The purpose of this paper is to achieve numerical simulation of cohesive crack growth in concrete structures.
An evolutionary approach for simultaneous optimization of material property distribution and topology of FG structuresSaeed Maleki Jebeli, Masoud Shariat Panahi
The purpose of this paper is to introduce an evolutionary heuristic method for simultaneous optimization of topology and material property distribution of functionally…
Optimization under a deterministic approach generally leads to a final design in which the performance may degrade significantly and/or constraints can be violated because…
An EFG-SBM based partitioning algorithm for two-dimensional elastic analysis of cyclically symmetrical structuresXiaofeng Guo, Yiqian He, Haitian Yang
– The purpose of this paper is to exploit the cyclic symmetry to reduce the computational expense of scaled boundary method (SBM) which may cumber its further application.
Numerical approaches to stability analysis of cylindrical composite shells based on load imperfectionsNikolay Asmolovskiy, Anton Tkachuk, Manfred Bischoff
Current procedures of buckling load estimation for thin-walled structures may provide very conservative estimates. Their refinement offers the potential to use structure…
Aerodynamic shape design using hybrid evolutionary computing and multigrid-aided finite-difference evaluation of flow sensitivitiesLuciano Andrea Catalano, Domenico Quagliarella, Pier Luigi Vitagliano
The purpose of this paper is to propose an accurate and efficient technique for computing flow sensitivities by finite differences of perturbed flow fields. It relies on…
The purpose of this paper is to propose an efficient and accurate numerical model that employs isogeometric analysis (IGA) for the geometrically nonlinear analysis of…
Online date, start – end:1984
Copyright Holder:Emerald Publishing Limited
- Professor E de Souza Neto
- Professor C F Li