- Evan Ortlieb
- Stephanie Grote-Garcia
- Jack Cassidy
- Earl H. Cheek Jr.
- Chapter 1: Digital Literacies for Disciplinary Learning: Pedagogies Youth Deserve
- Chapter 2: Disciplinary Literacy: Exemplary Processes and Promising Practices
- Chapter 3: Early Literacy: Home, School, Neighborhood
- Chapter 4: The Quest for Linguistically Responsive Questioning: Using Knowledge of English Oral Proficiency Levels to Engage English Learners
- Chapter 5: Assessment, Instruction, and Learning: What’s the Difference?
- Chapter 6: Adolescent Literacy: A Historical Look at What Has Worked and What is Working Today
- Chapter 7: Teacher Preparation is Hot and Should Be!
- Chapter 8: Sequencing Instruction in Writing Assignments to Build Purpose and Promote Student Engagement
- Chapter 9: Social, Emotional and Cultural Learning in Literacy
- Chapter 10: Re-Conceptualizing Literacy Instruction to Accelerate
- Chapter 11: What’s Hot in Literacy? Phonics and Phonemic Awareness