- Festus E. Obiakor
- Jeffrey P. Bakken
- Anthony F. Rotatori
- Advances in special education
- Current Issues and Trends in Special Education: Identification, Assessment and Instruction
- Emerald Group Publishing Limited
- List of contributors
- Chapter 1 Early identification/intervention: The Earlier the better for students with disabilities
- Chapter 2 Early identification/intervention: Can misidentification/misintervention impact students, teachers, and families?
- Chapter 3 Can underidentification affect exceptional learners?
- Chapter 4 Disproportionate representation in special education: Overrepresentation of selected subgroups
- Chapter 5 Standardized testing/accountability: Is NCLB fair for students with disabilities?
- Chapter 6 Curriculum-based assessment: The most effective way to assess students with disabilities
- Chapter 7 Labeling of students with disabilities: Needed for students to get their needs met
- Chapter 8 Labeling of students with disabilities: Unwanted and not needed
- Chapter 9 The general education classroom: This is not where students with disabilities should be placed
- Chapter 10 Beyond traditional placement: Making inclusion work in the general education classroom
- Chapter 11 Behaviorism works in special education
- Chapter 12 Other innovative techniques: Positive behavior supports and response to intervention
- Chapter 13 Scientifically supported interventions
- Chapter 14 Scientifically unsupported treatments for students with special needs