- Samantha Holland
- Karl Spracklen
- Chapter 1. Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep Dressed in Street Fashions?: Investigating Virtually Constructed Fashion Subcultures
- Chapter 2. Cursed is the Fruit of Thy Womb: Inversion/Subversion and the Inscribing of Morality on Women’s Bodies in Heavy Metal
- Chapter 3. Japanophilia in Kuwait: How Far Does International Culture Penetrate?
- Chapter 4. Torment[Her] (Misogyny as an Artistic Device): Alternative Perspectives on the Misogynist Aesthetic of W.A.S.P.’s ‘The Rack’
- Chapter 5. Reight Mardy Tykes: Northernness, Peaceville Three and Death/Doom Music World
- Chapter 6. Constructions of Regulation and Social Norms of Tattooed Female Bodies
- Chapter 7. ‘Heavily Tattooed and Beautiful?’: Tattoo Collecting, Gender and Self-Expression
- Chapter 8. The Spectacle of Russian Feminism: Questioning Visibility and the Western Gaze
- Chapter 9. Out of Time: Anohni and Transgendered/Trans Age Transgression
- Chapter 10. Irrational Perspectives and Untenable Positions: Sociology, Madness and Disability
- Chapter 11. Ageing Alternative Women: Discourses of Authenticity, Resistance and ‘Coolness’
- Chapter 12. Girls to the Front! Gender and Alternative Spaces
- Chapter 13. No Blue Plaques ‘In the Land of Grey and Pink’: The Canterbury Sound, Heritage and the Alternative Relationships of Popular Music and Place
- Conclusion: Making Sense of Alternativity in Leisure and Culture: Back to Subculture?