- List of contributors
- 1. The measurement of the inequality of opportunities
- 2. Inequality, welfare and monotonicity
- 3. Inequality measurement for homogeneous groups
- 4. Extended bi-polarization and inequality measures
- 5. International comparisons of income distributions
- 6. Economic growth, welfare and the measurement of social mobility
- 7. Mobility comparisons: Does using different measures matter?
- 8. Estimating welfare indices: Household weights and sample design
- 9. Weighting with individuals, equivalent individuals or not weighting at all. Does it matter empirically?
- 10. Personal assessments of minimum income and expenses: What do they tell us about ‘minimum living’ thresholds and equivalence scales?
- 11. A generalised social welfare function and its disaggregation by components of income: The method and applications
- 12. Equity, efficiency and social welfare: An application of generalised Lorenz Dominance to New Zealand incomes data 1984–1998
- 13. U.S. income inequality trends and recent immigration
- 14. Urban poverty in developed countries
- 15. Regional poverty within the rich countries