IT was in September, 1950, that Alcan Industries Ltd. (or the Northern Aluminium Co. as it then was) opened the continuous strip mill at Rogerstone in South Wales. In March, 1958, new plate handling facilities were inaugurated, and it was announced at that time that the company had embarked on a four‐year programme of expansion which would involve an investment of a further £8 million in new plant and buildings, with the intention of increasing the output of rolled aluminium to 75,000 tons a year. This ambitious programme has now reached the halfway stage with the installation of a 144 in. hot rolling mill, and on October 6 Alcan Industries Ltd. invited us to inspect the present stage of development at the Rogerstone works.
CitationDownload as .RIS
MCB UP Ltd
Copyright © 1960, MCB UP Limited