The Britannia School of Mines at Pengam, Monmouthshire, is the central training establishment for the new‐style Eastern area of the Welsh coalfield. Originally founded in 1929 for training senior colliery officials as managers and under‐managers by the Powell‐Duffryn Company, its ex‐students retain the cachet of its success. Removed now from the stench of Thomas Powell's mid‐nineteenth century coal‐ring, it has expanded to become an important asset to the NCB's national training endeavour.
CitationDownload as .RIS
MCB UP Ltd
Copyright © 1967, MCB UP Limited