The WELDING INSTITUTE was formed three and a half years ago by amalgamating the British Welding Research Association with the Institute of Welding. BWRA was a body devoted to the carrying out of research. The Institute of Welding was a profession institution. They were brought together in 1967 under the name of the WELDING INSTITUTE. Both parent bodies had been active in training, each for its own purpose. Bringing them together produced a new body strong in the training aspect, which saw its training interest in the area of the technician engineer, the technologist, the supervisor and the manager, rather than at operator level. Although the WI does not carry the words research association in its title, it is a formal research association deriving part of its income from Mintech grant. It is the body with the major research interest in its field. Director of Education: R. P. Newman, C.Eng. Chief Training Officer: L. M. Gourd, B.Sc. Address: The Welding Institute, Abington Hall, Abington, Cambridge. Tel: Linton (nr Cambridge) 591.
WELLENS, J. (1970), "The new provisions for training in welding: a co‐operative venture carried out by the Engineering Industry Training Board and the Welding Institute", Industrial and Commercial Training, Vol. 2 No. 12, pp. 558-567. https://doi.org/10.1108/eb003110Download as .RIS
MCB UP Ltd
Copyright © 1970, MCB UP Limited