The Human Factor In Social Capital Management: The Owner-manager Perspective
ISBN: 978-1-78441-584-6, eISBN: 978-1-78441-583-9
Publication date: 5 February 2015
(2015), "Acknowledgements", The Human Factor In Social Capital Management: The Owner-manager Perspective (Critical Studies on Corporate Responsibility, Governance and Sustainability, Vol. 9), Emerald Group Publishing Limited, Bingley, p. xix. https://doi.org/10.1108/S2043-905920150000009010
Emerald Group Publishing Limited
Copyright © 2015 Emerald Group Publishing Limited
I would like to thank all those that have engaged with and contributed to this volume.
I would especially like to thank Professor Laura Spence and her colleagues at Royal Holloway, the University of London, for their constructive criticisms and unflagging support during the writing of this book.
I would also like to thank Professor Keith Dickson of Brunel University who offered me much needed encouragement and perceptive advice.
In addition, I am grateful for the constructive advice offered by Professor Simon Robinson and Dr William Sun.
This book was also made possible by the understanding nature of my wife Rachel, who was prepared to put up with my musing on social capital, and by my children Alexandra and Paul who inspired me to conduct this research. I am also indebted to my mother Mary and to Joseph, Anthony, Marie and Clare who offered me much needed words of encouragement to complete this research.
- The Human Factor in Social Capital Management: The Owner-Manager Perspective
- Critical Studies on Corporate Responsibility, Governance and Sustainability
- The Human Factor in Social Capital Management: The Owner-manager Perspective
- Copyright Page
- List of Tables
- List of Appendices
- Editorial Advisory and Review Board
- About the Author
- The Economic Meaning of Social Capital
- The Leading Social Capital Scholars
- Methodology: A Holistic Examination of the Management of Social Capital Processes
- Managing Social Capital – The Network Dimension
- Managing Social Capital – The Relational Dimension
- Summary of Research Questions and Emerging Themes
- Conclusions and Recommendations – Expanding the Social Capital Perspective
- End Notes