Thursday, June 27, 2019
Major investments in Egypt's roads
In the coming months, Cairo plans to unveil the fourth phase of its National Roads Project (NRP), which was originally launched in August 2014 and has brought about significant progress in the quality of infrastructure.
- Public investment in roads and bridges will improve the accessibility of new satellites cities.
- Agricultural producers will benefit from better access to major urban centres, reducing food waste.
- Conversely, new developments through agricultural lands risk environmental and negatively some producers.
- Infrastructure development in Upper Egypt will enhance opportunities in the region’s industrial zones.
- Better road connectivity in the south will facilitate growth in the tourism industry.