Raban, B. (2020), "Section 2", Developing Self and Self-Concepts in Early Childhood Education and Beyond, Emerald Publishing Limited, Bingley, pp. 59-59. https://doi.org/10.1108/978-1-83982-840-920201003
Emerald Publishing Limited
Copyright © 2020 Bridie Raban
Not to let a word get in the way of it's sentence,
Not to let a sentence get in the way of the limitation
But to send your mind out to meet the intention
as you would a guest,
That is understanding!
–Menicus (fourth century bc).
- Section 1
- 1 Research Findings Concerning Mothers and Infants
- 2 The Psychodynamic Perspective on the Mother–Child Relationship
- 3 Self as the Object of Knowledge – But Who Knows?
- 4 The World of Other Persons
- 5 Communication and Learning – Implications for the Children and Their Teachers
- Section 2
- 6 Basis for the Observation of Four Children
- 7 Descriptive Analysis of Personal Interaction Styles within the Home
- 8 Observations of Each Child during Their First Term in School
- 9 Retrospect