(2018), "Introduction: Organizing Marketing and Sales", Andersson, P., Axelsson, B. and Rosenqvist, C. (Ed.) Organizing Marketing and Sales, Emerald Publishing Limited, p. 1. https://doi.org/10.1108/978-1-78754-968-520181021Download as .RIS
Emerald Publishing Limited
Copyright © 2018 Emerald Publishing Limited
This part consists of three chapters addressing the following three broad questions:
The first question is “what is going on in contemporary business practices?” We address this by providing some observations of ongoing B2B sales and marketing practices (Chapter 1).
The second question is “what does it really mean to manage sales and marketing in practice?” Here we bring in a thick description from a real-world multinational operation to demonstrate the multitude of, often conflicting, requirements and tensions that needs to be addressed in many sales and marketing organizations (Chapter 2).
The third question is “which are the generalized developments over time?” This is addressed by a researcher view, based on extant research of overall sales and marketing challenges in the past, present, and future (Chapter 3).
- Part I Introduction: Organizing Marketing and Sales
- Chapter 1 Contemporary Developments and Challenges in Sales Organizations: Some Observations
- Chapter 2 Marketing Reorganization in a Globalized Market: The Case of ABB Robotics
- Chapter 3 Marketing Organization Research and Ideas Revisited
- Part II Sales Management and Organization Revisited
- Chapter 4 Value-based Selling in the Service-dominated Business Landscape: Creating, Acting, and Organizing to Improve Customer’s Profits
- Chapter 5 Organizing for Sales in VUCA Contexts: The Transformation Process from Products to Solution Sales
- Chapter 6 Business Maneuvering: A Dynamic View of B2B Selling Processes
- Chapter 7 Organizational Balancing: An Integrated View of Sales Management
- Part III Organizing Interactions with Customers
- Chapter 8 The Other Side of the Coin: On Developments in Procurement Practices and Their Implications for Sales
- Chapter 9 Successful and Value-creating Interplay between Buyer and Seller: Organizing Mutuality
- Chapter 10 Potential Business Improvements when Utilizing CRM Tools: and Challenges in Making It Happen
- Chapter 11 The Next Generation CRM Tools: Bridging the Gaps between Sales Needs and CRM Tools Architecture
- Part IV Organizing for Business Development and Extended Customer Offerings
- Chapter 12 Outside in — To Capture the In-betweens: Organizing the Sociotechnical Embedding Process of New Technology
- Chapter 13 Creating and Delivering Sustainable Customer Solutions: On Organizing Capabilities in the Era of Servitization
- Chapter 14 Marketing and Sales in Ambidextrous Organizations: Organizational Challenges from Digitalization?
- Part V New Perspectives on Marketing Organizing Processes
- Chapter 15 Toward a Conceptual Model for Analyzing Marketing Reorganization and Transition Processes
- Chapter 16 Organizing Marketing and Sales in a Networked Business World
- Chapter 17 Brand Orientation as a Method to Inspire, Change Culture, and Lead the Implementation of Solutions Business
- Chapter 18 Future Studies of Marketing and Sales Organization