The development of the flight station of the C‐130J variant of the C‐130 military airlift aircraft is discussed. The development effort began with research and development projects in the early 1980s. Following this was a series of related research and technology integration efforts under contract to the US Government in the late 1980s and early 1990s. Finally, detailed design of the C‐130J in a formal development program began in 1992. The technologies that were integrated into the C‐130J flight station that made it possible to reduce the flight station crew from four (pilot, copilot, navigator, and flight engineer) to two (pilot and copilot) are reviewed.
Brenner, R.N., Jones, P.F., Spratt, C.J., Schardt, M.T. and Coleen Thornton, R. (2000), "Historical overview of the C‐130J two‐pilot flight station", Aircraft Engineering and Aerospace Technology, Vol. 72 No. 2, pp. 108-126. https://doi.org/10.1108/00022660010694031Download as .RIS
MCB UP Ltd
Copyright © 2000, Company